Smoking a brisket may seem threatening for many people, as Brisket is a temperamental meat piece that is hard to handle. Each step buying, trimming, marinating, cooking, to slicing can be tricky. But don’t you worry, I’m here to tell you “How to Smoke a Brisket on a Pellet Grill,” our methods and instructions will yield a tasteful, juicy, yummilicious, and perfect smoked brisket.
You can cook the beef brisket on the pellet smoker in so many ways to keep it flavorful and tasteful, but as we know that Brisket beef is a tricky meat to cut. So, slow and low cooking is the best process to cook a brisket on pellet smoker.
Additionally, with a few seasonings, a butcher paper, and plenty of hours of cooking on the lower heat to let it perfectly cooked. When you prepare it correctly on a pellet grill, then it’s irresistible, flavorful, and it’ll turn out juicy and seasoning. And then you’re ready to present it in front of your family, friends, and relatives.
Here you will find information about the “How to smoke a brisket on a Pellet Grill.”
What Is A Pellet Grill?
What Is A Brisket?
Brisket is a single cut piece of beef. It is from the lower area of a cow’s breast or pectoral muscles. Beef brisket is two pieces of meat that make up the whole, called beef brisket. That part of a cow supports much of the cow’s weight. Moreover, Brisket is a large piece of meat, between 3 and 8 pounds, rich in the connectivity of tissues collagen, which makes the meat tough. Primarily, a large cut of beef is divided into halves and sold as two different pieces of meat.
It’s is a challenging piece of meat because the animal works it while moving. Brisket cooks under the lower heat, and it’s the procedure the cook the perfect and juicy beef brisket. Just keep going low and slow for an extended period to break down the tissue without overcooking the beef brisket meat.
Historically, “Brisket” or “Beef Brisket” is a synonym of a “Breast Meat or Breast,” and it can also be referred to as a “Brisket Breast” or “Chicken Breast.”
Is Brisket A Good Cut Of Meat?
Yes, Brisket is a good cut of meat. It’s the best-slow-cooked meat, primarily leveraged for a barbeque. Moreover, it has an unbeatable combination of tenderness and flavor when you cook it properly.
Benefits Of Cooking A Pellet Smoking Brisket
- Pellet Grill with a constant heat source: This pellet grill passes out over time, giving you the continuous birth of smoke and heat. Because beef brisket takes a long time to cook properly, it needs a constant temperature. And the steady release of pellets means that you are not going to be stuck tending the grill all day.
- To work with the Pellet Grill: you simply have to plug it in and wait until it reaches its desired temperature. But remember to cover the top of the grill for setting the correct temperature.
- Prepare a brisket for smoking on a Pellet Grill: Some good chefs or grilling masters marinate the beef brisket overnight, and some inject the meat with seasoning saline and solutions.
- Allow cooked Brisket to rest on the cutting board: If you directly slice the beef brisket, which just came out from the pellet grill, then you’ll quit it after the smoking process, which allows the meat to distribute throughout the beef piece.
Just keep these points in your mind while preparing and resting the meat.
Pro Tip: Take the Brisket out of the refrigerator 40-50 minutes before placing the beef brisket on Pellet Smoker because room temperature meat is absolute for smoking.
How To Smoke A Turkey On A Pellet Grill?
How To Smoke A Beef Brisket on a Pellet Grill?
- Medium bowl.
- Clean cutting board.
- Sharp trimming knife.
- Large sheet pan.
- Paper towel.
- Pellet grills.
- Aluminum foil.
- Curved blade (if available).
- Wood Pallet (such as hickory).
- Beef Brisket, 10-12 lbs.
- ½ cup paprika.
- ½ cup sugar (brown).
- 2 + ¼ tablespoons of sea salt, chili powder.
- 4 tablespoons of each black pepper and cumin.
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, oregano, coriander, and onion powder.
- 1-2 spoons of chili pepper, depending on how much spices you want in your Beef Brisket.
Here Is The Pellet Smoker Brisket Recipe
- First, take it out from the shopping bag, and rinse it under the cold water.
- Then, dry it with plenty of paper towels.
- If not performed by the butcher, place the beef brisket on the cutting board sheet and trim any white skin, connective tissue, or excess fat.
- Marinate the beef brisket piece with sugar, dry spices, and herbs in a medium bowl. Coat it all upside down.
- Then wrap the meat and sheet pan with a plastic cover. And place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Remove the beef brisket meat piece at least one hour before smoking.
- Fill the smoker with pellets. Then, please turn it on or plug it to establish a flame and place the temperature to 225°F.
- Close the top of the grill and preheat it until it comes to temperature.
- Place the beef brisket fat side facing up into the large rack of the grill. If the grill has a probe thermometer, place it inside the thickest area of beef brisket meat. And then, close the pellet and set a timer for 10 hours.
- Don’t forget to check the pellet grill every few hours and refill if necessary.
- Check the internet temperature; it should be between 190°F and 200°F.
- Continue smoking until it reaches the desired temperature.
Pro tip: Cook beef pellet smoking brisket a little longer than recommended, and it’s not going to ruin it. We can also slice Brisket thinly at a temperature of 190°F. It will be shredded and served at “drag” beef if the temperature is higher than that. Maybe it will be on the drier side, but also it will taste nice—no need to worry if your timing is a little bit off.
- Place the meat on the cutting board and cover it for more than 10 to 20 minutes until the cooking procedure of meat stops before slicing and serving.
- Lastly, slice the beef brisket pellet grill and serve it with your favorite side dishes. You can also do it with homemade or drugstore barbeque sauce. Finally, enjoy your smoker pellet beef brisket.
This is how you can make a smoked beef brisket on the pellet grill.
Pro tip: Always slice Brisket against its direction. The meat will be tenderer to the bite.
How to Use a Kamado Grill?
How Long Does It Take To Smoke A Brisket On A Pellet Grill?
All animals are different; there is no global optimization algorithm for cooking a beef brisket on the pellet grill. But you can estimate the smoke time according to the weight of beef. First, you must remember when the temperature reaches 203°F, and then Brisket Pellet Grill is ready.
- Brisket weighs 10 lbs. Smoke it between 06-09 hours and then rest it for 1 hour.
- The Brisket weighs 15 lbs. Smoke it between 10-12 hours and then rest it for 1 hour.
- Brisket weighs 20 lbs. Smoke it between 14-16 hours and then rest it for 1 hour.
How To Know When Smoked Brisket Pellet Grill Is Done?
Insert the thermometer probe inside the thickest area of the beef brisket on Pellet smoker. And then see if the temperature is between 203°F and 205°F; once the beef brisket has reached that temperature, let it rest for 1 hour.
It is best to rely on a probe thermometer for your first-ever beef brisket.
How Long Should You Keep It On Resting Before Slicing The Beef Brisket?
It would be best to rest the beef brisket for 1-2 hours before slicing to allow the spices and juices to distribute throughout the meat. And then you can enjoy your flavorful and juicy beef brisket meat.
We’re sure you’ll love your smoked beef brisket if you follow all the above instructions given by us.
Brisket beef is a tough cut of meat. You cook it for an extended period under low heat or smoke because it’s a perfect way to smoke the beef brisket on Pellet Smoker.
You need to be patient to achieve the desired results for the beef brisket. But, keep that in mind if you follow all the steps in this article you won’t be disappointed. You’ll be happy to see how it turned out, and you’re ready to serve the best Beef Brisket Pellet Grill. This is a crowd-pleaser.
As we all know, Pellet Smoking Brisket is the rarest meal with fantastic taste. While beef is delicious, it requires a lot of time cooking and grilling, max: 7-8 hours. However, serving Brisket in front of your family, friends, and relatives with some delicious side dishes can make your lunch or lunch more satisfying.
Note: The cut point of the Brisket has a substantial amount of fat in it; if you end up cutting the fat, then you are not going to precede it with grilling. It is recommended to cut the fat before proceeding with the procedure.
This article is all about “How to Smoke a Brisket on a Pellet Grill.” I hope you have got all your queries resolved after going through this article. Thanks!
Enjoy your meal, Have a nice day!
04 Best Traeger Grill | Buying Guide