Smoking beef jerky at home by following a simple recipe is not a big deal. Rather than buying readymade beef jerky from restaurants, it’s better to try it at home. Similarly, preparing jerky can be a bit fun experience for you, also at the end, you may discover a wonderful, tasty meal accordingly. You may have an idea on how to make beef jerky in a smoker, but what if you require to prepare jerky in a pellet smoker. To make the most out of your pellet smoker, one must also know how to make beef jerky in a pellet smoker.
The pellet smokers are the versatile and ideal choice for beef jerky because they offer constant airflow and low-temperature control settings that work perfectly to make your jerky tasty. Also, the pellets are beneficial in adding up smoky flavour to your beef jerky and serves you irresistible juicy flavoured meat. Furthermore, you can transport pellet smokers anywhere you want, whether on camping or in your outdoor kitchen. They are lightweight and user friendly, that also a reason to use pellet smokers.
Here in this guide, we will share the wonderful, yummy recipe of homemade beef jerky in a smoker. So, after reading the full article, you may realize how to make homemade beef jerky in a smoker. Therefore, don’t be afraid to throw a BBQ party at home; make your pellet smoker ready and start smoking beef jerky for you and your friends. Check out the process and discover the recipes.
How to Make Beef Jerky in a Pellet Smoker?
Following are the steps that would help you discover how to make beef jerky in a pellet smoker. Consequently, in future, whenever you crave a beef jerky, you can use your pellet smoker and quickly smoke a jerky in.
The beef is ideal to consider for jerky, as it has a beautiful flavour and beef is quite effortless to prepare. However, numerous experienced chefs recommended avoiding fatty meat when preparing jerky so, if your meat is a bit fatty, first clean and remove all the fat from it. After that, cut the meat into thin long strips or slices. Check the next heading for detail about slicing the meat.
Slicing the Meat
Pay attention here if you always need to rush to the butcher for perfect super thin and even meat slices. All required is to put meat into the freezer for at least 1 to 3 hours before slicing. The aim is to stiffen up the meat to be easier for you to manage the meat and make even thin slices.
Marinate the Meat
According to the following recipe, you may need to marinate the meat before you start smoking. Further, one can play a bit creative and add their favourite sauces in the meat and marinade accordingly. Necessarily, one must add spices, sauces, and sweetness to the meat. For this purpose, you may add Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes to your meat for incredible flavour. Also, add a decent amount of sodium to prevent jerky from bacteria.
How to Smoke Jerky in a Pellet Smoker Process with Recipe?
Firstly, set the temperature of the pellet smoker at the lowest temperature, around 175 to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. In this low temperature, the smoker work as a dehydrator and amazingly can produce beef jerky. Then, set your grill grates or a smoker pan inside the smoker. It’s better to use a pan instead of putting meat directly on the grill grates. During the doneness, the meat can drop from the grates and cause more issues for you. You must set and forget the smoker for dedicated time and let the beef be smoked adequately. Now, check out the recipe for a better understanding of smoking beef jerky in a pellet smoker.
|Worcestershire sauce||¼ cup|
|Soy sauce||½ cup|
|Brown Sugar||2 tbsp|
- Take and bowl, and make a proper mixture of brown sugar, Worcestershire, garlic powder, paprika and pepper in it. Now, take meat thin slices and add them into the marinade bowl and mix well. After that, keep the bowl in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours. In addition, for the best good meat jerky, one can marinate overnight.
- Then after passing the said time, you are ready to start the smoking process. But before putting the meat into the pellet smoker, you need to preheat the smoker at 200 degrees Fahrenheit (lowest temperature).
- After few minutes, place the meat into the smoker. You can directly set it on the rack for allowing air circulation effectively. But the best is to put it in the pan to save your smoker from dripping and ultimate mess.
- Now, let the meat cook at a low temperature for the next 2 to 4 hours. Similarly, flip and check after 90 minutes initially. The time of smoking can be extended and short, as it is dependent on your smoker. Likewise, if the smoker is providing an even low temperature, then within 2 to 4 hours, your beef jerky can get ready. But, if the smoker cannot serve even a continuous temperature, it may go beyond 4 hours, and you can face issues with meat doneness. Also, the time is dependent on the thickness of the meat.
- When you realize the beef is ready, it’s time to take out the jerky from the smoker. If there is excess oil and moisture on the surface of the jerky, then remove it with the help of a towel or paper.
- Now, Enjoy the perfect delicious homemade beef jerky.
So, try this simple beef jerky recipe and treat yourself with the tastiest snack whenever you crave some delicious protein. We hope that the above-detailed information on how to make homemade beef jerky in a pellet smoker serves you with understandable knowledge that would assist you in your smoking journey.
Don’t forget to try this recipe and share your feedback. We are always looking forward to reading your valuable comments.